Protecting your privacy
At Play Aussie, we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and website visitors from all over the world. As the sole supplier of Sherrin Australian Rules based in the USA, we take just as much pride and respect in our products as we do your privacy
For all our services, the data controller of the company that’s responsible for your privacy, is Play Aussie LLC (sometimes referred to here as “Play Aussie”, “we” or “us” ) is a registered as Limited Liability Company in the State of Georgia USA.
Information we collect
We obtain information about you in a number of ways when you use our website www.playaussie.com, for example when you contact us via our contact form, purchase Sherrin footballs or merchandise or other goods from our website, or register to receive emails from us, or chat to us using the website chat feature. This helps us provide you with a more personalized service which is tailored to suit your needs. From time to time we may collect your information in contests, surveys and other communication tools. Other information we collect when you browse our site may include your IP address, location and device type and if you have visited us prior.
The type of information that is collected
- Account Information: If you make a purchase of goods the personal information we collect might include name, address, phone number and email.
- Usage information: As with most websites our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our website and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using our website, browser type and settings, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Other information you provide to us: such as in online forms or contests.
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information in a number of different ways and what we do depends on the information. This information is stored in an encrypted format on the webserver.
Will only use your personal information for legitimate business purposes to administer your account or to provide the products you have requested from us. These include some or all of the following:
- To provide you with the information, customer service, products and services that you request from us
- To send you service messages by email, such as order updates
- To process an online order or complete a transaction
- To administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website
- When you consent, to provide you with information about goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about by email
- To facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to the services/products offered to you
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your personal data rights in high regard. In some instances, you do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. But that is your choice.
The website does make use of Google Analytics for online visitor tracking, this includes your location, duration of visit, pages you visited and other information about how you navigate the website.
We will do our best to protect your personal information via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorized access.
If you have given us consent or provided us your contact information, we may send you marketing messages by email, post or by phone with interesting information about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events.
Customers inquiring online are not automatically added to a marketing database and will not be sent unsolicited email marketing without first being asked if they would like to opt in to receive marketing material.
If you give us feedback, we may use it to improve our services and we may publish it online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your consent before we publish it.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device when you browse our website. They are unique to your account or your browser and your device.
Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. You can delete your browser cookies at any time.
Our website may from time to time use persistent cookies (the small text files stored on your computer) to record your preferences or activity between visits. These cookies do not store personal information about you or your computer and you can clear them at any point by deleting your browser history. Play Aussie LLC does not share cookies or any of your data with any other company,
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set?
If you find the idea of this website storing information on your computer or mobile device a little intrusive, even though it is generally quite harmless, it is possible to block some or all cookies, or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functionality on our website and others you visit.
I agreed for this site to store cookies but have changed my mind
If you previously agreed to allow the websites to store cookies on your computer but have subsequently changed your mind, then you can delete the cookie set by this choice.
Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information if you have placed an order on www.playaussie.com for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you that you have requested. If you have not made a transaction with Play Aussie LLC for seven years then your information will be deleted from our systems unless you have indicated that you wish to continue receiving marketing communications or some other services from us.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or not purchased from us in that time, or it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
If you have not purchased from us, but you have signed up to receive marketing communications, then we will only retain your information for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing.
Controlling your personal Information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you would like to delete or make changes to your personal details, you can do so by getting in touch with us.
You have the right under applicable data protection laws to access information held about you and you can do so by contacting us using the details provided below in this policy.
You have many rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this privacy notice)
- The right to request access to personal information held about you and a copy of it;
- The right to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to withdraw consent and stop direct marketing messages
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in certain circumstances, for example, where Play Aussie LLC processes personal data for legitimate purposes but you do not feel that your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms have been protected
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider on your behalf where technically feasible
- The right to complain to your legal court of jurisdiction or if in the EU or UK the Information Commissioner’s Office
Sharing your information
We will honestly endeavor at all times keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party including your name, address, email or credit card information outside of Play Aussie LLC.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you via the websites, such as payment service providers and delivery companies, like USPS, UPS, FEDEX and DHL
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our websites
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you
Links to other websites
We aim to protect the privacy of children aged 18 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask your parent or guardian’s permission before you provide us with any personal information. Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from making purchases on our website.
How to contact us